Our school context
From our 2022 Autumn census with 201 pupils on roll (98 boys and 103 girls); the majority of our pupils are White British (78.6%). 7.3% are of any other White background. 2.48% White and/or Asian. 2.48% White and Black Caribbean or Black African. 0% are Chinese. 2.98% are Indian and Pakistani background. 0.99% are of other Asian background. 0% are of any other mixed background. 3.97% are Traveller of Irish Heritage. 0.99% ethnicity unknown. 1.99% of our pupils have a disability.
At Hatch Ride Primary School we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in line with the Equality Act of October 2010. This Act prohibits direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation of people on the grounds of protected characteristics these being disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation and age.
We seek to show this through all aspects of school life and in particular through our commitment to every child fulfilling their potential through classroom-based learning, outdoor learning, pastoral care, intervention groups, work in the local and wider community and our recruitment and retention of staff.
All our staff are committed to ensuring that all children are challenged to achieve their potential and will also guide parents on how they can support their children’s achievements. Where pupils experience barriers to learning, we will work with them to address these in a sensitive and supportive way. We will ensure that all pupils understand the importance of equality and foster within our pupils their own commitment to promoting equality.
We will have due regard in the day to day policies and practice of our school for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Advance equality of opportunity
- Foster good relations between people from different groups
Our Vision and Aims for Equality and Diversity
We will treat everyone at Hatch Ride Primary School fairly and with equal respect so that all members of our school community can be free to learn, enjoy and reach their potential. At Hatch Ride Primary School we will ensure that we:
- Tackle all discrimination including on the grounds of race, disability, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
- Positively advance equality within our school for adults and children.
- Create good relationships in the school between all groups by race, gender/gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief and age.
- Promote equality of opportunity for all.